Clean Air & Water
Our mission is to create an enduring legacy of natural land in northern Illinois for people, plants, and animals. Since 1958, the Natural Land Institute has helped to preserve and restore more than 16,000 acres of natural land in northern Illinois.
For 55 years, the Natural Land Institute has helped residents of northern Illinois conserve the land they cherish. We are one of the oldest private conservation groups in the Midwest.
Serving as a regional land trust, the Institute accepts donations of properties, buys lands, manages natural areas, and helps landowners establish legal agreements that permanently limit harmful use and development.
- Internship Opportunities
- Interested in making a Bequest?
- Watch the Milan Bottoms Bio Blitz Video
- Prairie State Hike App Information
- Hike App for Apple Devices
- Hike App for Android Devices
- NLI Hires Local Graduate as
- Nominations Now Open for the 2015 George and Barbara Fell Award