Celebrating 20 Years in 2020
A Virtual Gala Fundraiser
6:00 p.m. Cocktail Hour Conversations
At 6:00 p.m. grab your favorite beverage and join others in a Zoom “room” on a topic that interests you. You can just watch, or join with audio and video to participate in the conversation, meet up with friends and make new friends.
“Room” topics include:
The Story of Carl and Myrna Nygren
Honoring Anne Meyer
If You Build It They Will Come (Birding at Nygren Wetland)
Join the Work – Volunteer Stewardship
Discovering the Habitats of Nygren Wetland
Reunion of Restoration Volunteers
Pick the room you want to visit the night of the event. A Zoom link will be provided to registrants via email shortly before 6:00 p.m. the night of this event.
7:00 p.m. Program
(A link to be provided to registrants via email the night of the event.)
- Welcome, introduction of the program, thank you to our sponsors
- Comments from Special Guest Andy Bacon (Former NLI Director of Land Stewardship)
- The premier of the 20th Anniversary video about the restoration of Nygren Wetland Preserve
- Showcasing special projects on the Preserve
- Presenting the 2020 George and Barbara Fell Award to Don Miller
- Wrap up Remarks
- A Celebration Toast to the 20th Anniversary of Nygren Wetland Preserve with your Celebration Kit: Sparkling Cider, Souvenir Wine Glass sponsored by Studio GWA, Bundtlet Dessert sponsored by Nothing Bundt Cakes (Rockford), Prairie Wildflower Seeds (Black-eyed Susan, Partridge Pea) sponsored by Pizzo & Associates and Pizzo Native Plant Nursery.