Free Family Fun!
Natural Land Institute will present Family Nature Day on Saturday, June 22 at Nygren Wetland Preserve, 3190 W. Rockton Rd., Rockton, Ill. This free family themed event runs from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Attendees can arrive and depart anytime during the four hour event to explore the learning stations at their own pace.
All ages will enjoy exploring the prairies, wetlands, streams and forests found in this 721-acre wildlife refuge owned by Natural Land Institute.
Kids can earn a Nygren Wetland Junior Naturalist badge and certificate if they visit 6 out of 13 learning stations. They will receive a passport with a map, questions to answer and suggested activities. Adults receive a gift if they get their map stamped at 6 or more stations. There will also be wagon rides and guided prairie tours for everyone to enjoy. Exporing on your own is also encouraged.
Learning Stations and Partner Organizations:
- Native Bees and Wasps
- Forests with Welty Environmental Center
- Archaeology with Macktown Living History
- Fish with Severson Dells Nature Center
- Healthy Waters with Northern Regional Groundwater Protection Planning Committee
- Raptors with Northern Illinois Raptor Rehab & Education
- Seeds with Taylor Creek Restoration Nurseries
- Living Soils with Winnebago County Soil & Water Conservation District
Thank you to our Grantors and Sponsors
This program is supported by a grant from the Dr. Louis and Violet Rubin Fund of the Community Foundation of Northern Illinois.
Family Nature Day is also supported by a grant from The Kjellstrom Family Foundation.
Common Milkweed Sponsor ($500)
Hoary Vervain ($250)
Registration is requested by Fri., June 21, 2019. Fill out the registration form below.
For more information call 815/964-6666 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.