Party on the Prairie Rocks!
July 16 @ 4:00 pm - 8:30 pm$90
Party on the Prairie Rocks!
Presented by Campbell Science
Natural Land Institute invites you to enjoy a casual summer evening with dinner under a tent overlooking the midsummer wildflowers of a midwest prairie. The views are spectacular from wherever you are as you dine, drink, ride a wagon, walk through the prairie, enjoy the music, bid on silent auction times and have fun mingling with friends. Proceeds benefit the ongoing management of Nygren Wetland Preserve.
Here’s a look at the line up for the evening:
- 4 PM – 6 PM: Horse drawn wagon rides through the prairie
- 4 PM – 8:30 PM: Cash Bar provided by Prairie Street Brewing Co. featuring a special benefit brew called Pollinator Pale Ale for Nygren Wetland Preserve. Nature Themed Silent Auction.
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM: Live Music by Jon Bon Stamos
- 6:00 PM: Seating for dinner and short program featuring the presentation of the George and Barbara Fell Award to Fran Harty (Illinois Nature Conservancy)
- 6:30 PM: Dinner served. Catered by Greenfire Restaurant
The Silent Auction closes after dinner.
About the George and Barbara Fell Award and the recipient, Fran Harty
One of Fran’s nominators said: “Fran’s career spans several decades. He began as a biologist with the Illinois Natural Areas Inventory, moved on to the Illinois DNR Division of Natural Heritage, and currently works as Director of Special Projects for the Illinois Chapter of The Nature Conservancy. Fran authored the legislation that resulted in the Department of Defense transferring the former Joliet Arsenal to the U.S. Forest Service, which created the 19,000-acre Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie in Will County, IL. Fran also recruited the group of supporters, lobbied federal bureaucracies, and created support for the project that eventually led to the bill’s passage. Midewin was the first national tallgrass prairie in the country and remains the only national tallgrass prairie preserve east of the Mississippi River. Midewin is the single largest conservation area in the Chicago region. Fran also played very important roles in the preservation of other sites in northern Illinois including Nachusa Grasslands, Kankakee Sands, the Indian Boundary Prairies, and the former Savanna Army Depot (now the 9000- acre Lost Mound Unit of the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge).”
Passed Hors d’oeuvres begin at 5 p.m.
Fresh House Salad at your seat.
Entree Choices (Choose One):
- Filet Mignon (Beef) 8 oz. Certified Angus Beef Filet Mignon
served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Farm Vegetables.
- Cedar Plank Scottish Salmon (Fish) with Garlic Mashed
Potatoes and Farm Vegetables
- Ratatouille Crepe (Vegetarian) Baked Crepe with
Fresh Garden Vegetables with a Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
Scrumptious Desserts (trade or share)
Cost: $90 per person (tables seat 8 unless it is a Premier Hospitality Table for 10)
Reserve a Table of 8 = $720 (includes a bottle of wine)
Reserve a Table of 10 = $900 (includes a bottle of wine)
Premier Hospitality Table for 10: $1,200: includes a reserved table for 10, a tabletop sign, 3 bottles of wine, a server at your table throughout dinner, name mentioned in the program book, a centerpiece to keep.