The Natural Land Institute has many opportunities available for volunteer service. Please view the descriptions of the various jobs. Give us a call at (815) 964-6666 if you have any questions about taking part in saving nature in our region.
Individuals or groups who wish to participate in one of weekly or monthly volunteer Stewardship Days should contact Zach Grycan, Director of Stewardship, for more information and to confirm participation at 920-912-4338, email@example.com. Contact Christopher Reisetter, Site Steward for Howard D. Colman Dells Nature Preserve, to be notified about volunteer stewardship days there, firstname.lastname@example.org, or text him at 815/985-7208. Contact Dion Faith, Site Steward, to let him know if you want to help at Silver Creek Woods Preserve, email@example.com, 815/520-6916.
- Burr Oak Valley Preserve | First Saturday and Second Monday
- Nygren Wetland Preserve | Weekly on Wednesday
- Silver Creek Woods Preserve | Third Saturday
- William & Gayle Keefer Nature Reserve | Fourth Friday
- Howard D. Colman Dells Nature Preserve | Selected Days
You are welcome to help during the entire time listed for that stewardship day or for part of the day. Please let Zach or one of the other Site Stewards know what time to expect you.
Click here for the Volunteer Land Stewardship Flyer 2019.
Volunteer Monitoring Training
If you would like more information about becoming a Volunteer Monitor, please email Zach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please click here to view the Volunteer Monitoring Training Manual.
- Please click here to view the Volunteer Monitoring Training PowerPoint.
Outreach Volunteer Opportunities
Contact Kim Johnsen, Director of Marketing and Membership about the following opportunities at email@example.com or 815/964-6666. Set up displays and distribute information at events
- Help spread the word about the work of Natural Land Institute.
- Members of this committee plan and host educational programs for youth and adults.
Marketing & Membership Committee
- Members of this committee work on recruiting new members for NLI, plan and work at events, and help with promotional efforts
Benefits of volunteering for seniors: https://www.aginginplace.org/how-to-volunteer-as-a-senior/