The Natural Land Institute has many opportunities available for volunteer service. Please view the descriptions of the various jobs. Give us a call at (815) 964-6666 if you have any questions about taking part in saving nature in our region.
Individuals or groups who wish to participate in one of weekly or monthly volunteer Stewardship Days should contact Zach Grycan, Director of Stewardship, for more information and to confirm participation at 920-912-4338, email@example.com or Ed Cope, Restoration Ecologist, at 815-601-4665, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Christopher Reisetter, Site Steward for Howard D. Colman Dells Nature Preserve, to be notified about volunteer stewardship days there, email@example.com, or text him at 815/985-7208. Contact Dion Faith, Site Steward, to let him know if you want to help at Silver Creek Woods Preserve, firstname.lastname@example.org, 815/520-6916.
- Burr Oak Valley Preserve | First Saturday and Second Monday
- Nygren Wetland Preserve | Weekly on Wednesday
- Silver Creek Woods Preserve | Third Saturday
- Howard D. Colman Dells Nature Preserve | Selected Days
Volunteer Monitoring Training
If you would like more information about becoming a Volunteer Monitor, please email Zach at email@example.com.
- Please click here to view the Volunteer Monitoring Training Manual.
- Please click here to view the Volunteer Monitoring Training PowerPoint.
Outreach Volunteer Opportunities
Contact Kim Johnsen, Director of Marketing and Membership about the following opportunities at firstname.lastname@example.org or 815/964-6666. Set up displays and distribute information at events
- Help spread the word about the work of Natural Land Institute.
- Members of this committee help Natural Land Institute staff educate youth about natural areas while assisting with land stewardship activities.
Marketing & Membership Committee
- Members of this committee work on recruiting new members for NLI, plan and work at events, and help with promotional efforts
Benefits of volunteering for seniors: https://www.aginginplace.org/how-to-volunteer-as-a-senior/